The significant differences with the present conventional devices might best be described as ‘no similarities’.
Existing unit devices of front-runner technologies in these fields are generally massive, are submerged or semi-submerged, are individually required to generate electricity, frequently use a liquid as the medium for energy transfer, and cannot avoid being harmful to all marine and avian life.
The TCSC & WSS technologies comprise systems with moving parts that are:
- As light as possible and as responsive to lateral forces as possible
- Use direct mechanical coupling as the medium for energy transfer
- Can accumulate energy from multiple devices and multiple arrays
- Introduce single point Fluid Energy Conversion
- Totally harmless to all marine and avian life
No part of either device moves faster than the fluid medium, moves directly in line with the motion of the fluid medium, and makes it totally benign to all living things.